Friday, June 15, 2007

Wilton Cake Decorating: Course 1, Lesson 2


Woot! I've finished my guitar cake. Boy was it a fun class on Thursday, sure we mostly practiced our techniques for star-tips, writing and dot making but I had a great time! The class was 2 hrs long and we spent roughly 1 hr 15mins learning to perfect our icing techniques. I was excited to start learning the proper way to make a Wilton Rose. Sure we only did the base of the rose for lesson 2, but next week we'll start adding onto it :)


Here's my practice board... not too shabby if I do say so myself

I finished all the homework that was given us in the first lesson ... and on time to boot! My guitar cake turned out pretty well. Using Betty Crocker's Chocolate Chip cake mix was a brilliant idea. And I was psyched that this cake would double as a Father's Day cake, seeing as how my dad's b-day cake didn't turn out as well as I had hoped for :P

We had 30 mins to work on our personal cakes in class, definitely not enough time to finish it off. All I got finished was icing the sides and laying down the chocolate candy plaques. But once I got home I worked until 11 pm to get the cake done... because, once you get started you just develop a certain rhythm and you can't stop yourself.

Here's the finished product...
The strings might be a bit wonky, but at least I have the right number of them :P

Here I am, raring and ready to go... Lesson 3 HERE I COME!

No comments: