Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Banana Chips


Finishing up the bananas was pretty easy. Seeing as how I only had 2 left, I couldn't really think of anything that I could make with 2 baby bananas (short of a baby banana split... but that's no fun!). So I decided to try making some "healthy" banana chips (I added the quotation marks because, these chips tasted soo good that I could easily have eaten 5 bananas worth :P)

Banana Chips

Ingredients:
- bananas, sliced thinly
Method:
1. Set oven to 170F. Prepare a cookie sheet by covering it with aluminum foil and greasing the pan well.
2. Place the banana slices on the prepared cookie sheet and bake in the oven (with the door open approx. 1 inch) for 2 hrs.
3. Flip the slices over and bake for another 1 1/2 hrs... or until the chips look dried, and dark yellow (but not brown)
NOTE: I let my banana chips brown alot, I just really enjoy the burnt/caramel-like flavour to them when they're "charred"... you don't have to let them brown as much.
4. Allow the chips to cool. They may feel soft/pliable now, but will harden/crisp as they cool.
5. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.

No comments: