Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Curry and Pasta for Dinner


The other day, I was up for preparing dinner again. After the indian-inspired one, I thought I'd go for something a bit more simple. I've never tried making curry before, as it is usually my dad who cooks that (yeah, my dad cooks!), but for some reason this time I felt brave :P I wasn't too sure if my sisters would enjoy the curry so I also made them a simple pasta dish.

Actually, the reason I made the curry was to finish up the jalapeno peppers I had left-over from my Reshami Kabob recipe... and I did. The curry recipe I used can be found at Simply Recipes, the only alteration I made was to substitute half of the chicken called for in the recipe with potatoes... my family loves potatoes in curry, and too much chicken can be erm... chicken-y?!
The simple recipe for my sister's pasta was made using a can of condensed cream of mushroom soup.

Mushroom Chicken Pasta

Ingredients:
-3 cups of cooked pasta, any shape (NOTE: rice can be substituted)
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 can milk
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked & cubed
- salt & pepper
- 3/4 cup frozen vegetables (I used the corn, carrot, pea & beans mix)

Method:
1. Place the soup, milk and veggies in a non-stick skillet/fry pan. Cook over medium heat, until the vegetables are cooked.

2. Add in the cooked chicken, and salt & pepper to taste. Continue to cook until the mixture is heated through.

3. Place 1 cup of pasta on a plate and spoon over the mushroom-chicken sauce.

Once more, the dish I prepared for my sisters was not enjoyed by them as much as the dish that I had assumed they wouldn't enjoy! They dove after the curry and it was literally devoured within 20 minutes. The pasta was eaten as well, but we still had some left-over. I must learn to give my sisters more credit... must keep telling myself, they can handle spicy foods :P

No comments: