Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Lunch-time Delight: Roast Beef Salad with Balsamic Glaze

Mmm... spring is in the air, winter is long gone, the sun is out and it's time for a nice spring salad. Dunno why, but I felt like being uber-healthy today. Notice that I still have those avocados from Seattle... don't worry, it's my last one. Anywho, for lunch today I decided to try out some of my balsamic vinegar (mom always says I buy ingredients and never seem to use them... I'll show her). So here's the recipe for this awesome salad...

Roast Beef Salad with Balsamic Glaze (yields 3 servings)
Ingredients:
- Mixed greens
- any veggies you like for your salad (I used peppers, cucumber, avocado, tomato, leaf and romaine lettuce)
- 3 roughly cut, thin slices of roast beef
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar

Method:
1. Toss together salad ingredients and set aside.
2. In a non-stick frying pan mix together the mustard, honey, garlic, onions, shallot and balsamic vinegar. Turn stove to medium heat and simmer for 1 min.
3. Add in the slices of roast beef and marinade for 10-15mins.
4. Remove beef from marinade, slice into decent sized strips and place on top of salad mixture.
5. Pour the rest of the glaze on the salad and serve.

Note: Depending on how saucey you like your salads, you may need to make additional sauce.

No comments: