Friday, April 25, 2008

Lunch-time Delights: Lazy Tostada


What do you do when you don't feel like cooking? Personally, I get up and scream "How can this be!" Jkjkjk... I just tell myself that I've gotta eat and there's only one way to do that, and it's by cooking. Albeit, it doesn't have to be the most elaborate meal in the world, it just has to taste yummy! So for lunch today, I decided that I wouldn't dwell on "what would I make" and I just grabbed random leftovers that were sitting in my fridge. And this is what came out of it...

Jo's Lazy Tostada (serves me)

Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup chicken, shredded
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp bbq sauce
- 1 tsp louisiana hot sauce (optional)
- a couple pickled jalapenos
- 1 kraft cheddar "singles slice"
- 1 6-inch corn tortilla

Method:

1. Toss the chicken with the sauces and mix well.
2. Place a good dollop of your chicken onto the corn tortilla.
3. Top with the jalapenos and cheese.
4. Place in the oven at 325F for 15-20mins or until the tortilla is nicely browned and crispy.
5. Enjoy being lazy and eating your lazy meal :P

It sure did taste good, and it also felt good not having to contemplate what I would be eating that day. I just love relaxing and doint absolutely nothing... sadly, I have summer school starting up on Monday! Philosophy... hm, hopefully all goes well.

No comments: