Saturday, April 05, 2008

Oatmeal, Raisin, Choco-chip Cookie Bars


Well, today was the final day of clinical for my maternity rotation. I'm so excited to be almost finished my 2nd year of nursing... I just can't contain myself. As a clinical group, we decided to gather together a basket of goodies for the maternity nursing staff at the hospital and so I decided to contribute to the basket by baking up some goodies (who would've guessed?). Anywho, here's my beautiful Oatmeal, Raisin, Chocolate-chip Cookie Bars ... boy, that's a mouthful... oh, and the name of the bars is quite something too :P

I got the idea from a recipe at the land o'lakes website but I adapted it to eliminate the nuts. I'm not too sure if the hospital had a policy on preventing food allergies related to nuts... so I simply decided to substitute them for raisins! Everybody loves raisins

Decorating the bars was so much fun. My sisters were quite impatient to let the chocolate set, so I was pressured in to cutting them a little prematurely. Oh well, they still turned out beautifully and really it's the taste that counts! (They were divine)

No comments: