Saturday, July 28, 2007

Happy Birthday L'il Sis :D

I didn't make this beauty... it's courtesy of DQ, we love their ice cream cakes.


Yay! You're turning 12... getting on the old side :P Jkjk. Well, it was actually my sister's birthday yesterday, but I was working really late that day so we couldn't celebrate as a family :( So today, my mom bought a cake and I made a really cute cake for my awesome sis. At first I wasn't sure what to prepare; seeing as how was working everyday prior to her celebration, it would have to be something quick and simple. So I decided on a chocolate cheesecake... she loves chocolate and cheesecake too, so what better thing to give her? She also loves blueberries, so I decorated the cake with some fresh blueberries and strawberries... it gave this simple cake quite an elegant flare. I got the recipe from the philadelphia cream cheese website and the only alteration I made to the recipe was to divide all the ingredients by two, so that the cheesecake would fit into my cute 6-inch spring-form pan. I also prepared my own chocolate-crumb crust, using six (crushed) chocolate chunk cookies + 1 tbsp of butter.


The 6-inch mini chocolate cheesecake I prepared...

Topping a regular old cheesecake with my sisters favorite fruits gave this treat a beautiful finishing touch.

No comments: