Saturday, July 28, 2007

"D'oh-nuts"

In honor of the Simpsons Movie, which I am going to see tomorrow as a birthday event for my little sister, I decided to make donuts. I know that yeast and I have not been on the best of terms (until my naan bread revelation) so I searched the internet for a recipe that didn't use any. It was a bit of a challenge, but I think I made the right choice in the recipe I found at allrecipes.com. Albeit, they don't taste like true donuts (since they're oven baked... I just can't stand the sight of deep frying food... I see enough of it at work "thank you very much" XP) but they are extremely tastey in their own way. They taste kinda like a giant cinnamon cookie, and have a great chewy texture to them. Cover them in chocolate and sprinkles, or roll them in cinnamon sugar and they are even better!

No comments: