Thursday, May 24, 2007

Dinner @ Milestone's

For Kirsten's 19th a bunch of us went to Milestone's. I haven't been there in quite some time... you know, being a student on a budget and all :P But on that night, I decided to splurge a litte and order whatever my heart desired. I decided to try their Caramel Apple Martini, even though it was Bellini Tuesday I was craving something apple-y and more tart than peach schnapps. When the drinks came I couldn't help but take a picture of it... I give Milestone's a 8/10 on presentation. The Martini was so simple and yet, so elegant.

For dinner I wanted to try one of their asian fusion recipes. Milestone's actually has a lot of variety when it comes to asian inspired foods! I was surprised. So I went for the Thai Chicken Tacos... the mango salsa was excellent, I practically drank it on its own :P and the peanut sauce that came with the tacos was sooo creamy and delicious. I asked for an extra side of the thai chicken marinade, because the waitress was kind enough to inform me that they had not marinated as long as they usually should... how thoughtful. The marinade was spicy and yet also mildly sweet. The dinner came with three tacos, but they were so filling that I could only finish one... guess what I had for lunch the next day :] hehehe.

We were all pretty much stuffed and didn't feel like room for dessert. Kirsten, being the birthday girl got a Chocolate Pecan Pie, on the house.
We all dove for it and being tempted by that pie we decided to share a Tex(something) chocolate cake... oh, how could we ever pass up dessert? The pie and cake disappeared in less than 60 seconds! That's what you get for placing 1 teenie (but yummy) chocolate cake in front of 7 girls.

No comments: