Saturday, December 01, 2007

Potato-Onion Tart


In desperate need of making something, and a long-harboured "want" to use my 13x4 inch tart pan I set out on a quest to find the perfect brunch recipe. And where better to search than the lovely Williams-Sonoma website? I found this wonderful recipe here and thought it would be the perfect dish for a wintery morning breakfast. Yup, winter is a coming... well, I guess technically it's already here. But this morning I woke up to a beautiful dusting of snow and thought to myself "boy I can't wait until Christmas!"


Anyways, back to the recipe. I followed it to a "T" when it came to the filling, but made my own "secret recipe" pastry. My family really enjoyed this treat, but I think they were impressed by the tart pan more than me :P I love this contraption, it has a beautiful rectangular shape and a removable bottom. This makes for easy baking, cutting and serving. I just love things that make life a little more simple.

No comments: