- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut, sweetened
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and nutmeg; mix thoroughly.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs until well combined.
4. Add flour mixture, coconut and cranberries to the liquid ingredients. Stir until combined.
5. Turn dough onto a heavily floured surface and knead approximately 7 times. Shape the dough into a 15 x 3 inch roll. Place roll on parchement-lined baking sheet and pat down to 1-inch thickness.
6. Bake roll for 40 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
7. Cut roll into 25 (1/2 inch) slices. Place slices, upright, on baking sheet and cook for another 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
NOTE: Center of cookies will seem soft when warm, but will harden when cooled.
The nurses really enjoyed their basket of goodies. It's sad to say good-bye, but we're still greatful for all the encouragement and support they gave us. We definitely needed it... and now we're on our way to becoming great nurses.