Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Snickerdoodles

Kind of a Christmas-y cookie... I made 2 versions of this delightful cookie. One batch for my family and the other for my puppy! You may be saying to yourself "this girl is crazy" and truly I am... but these cookies turned out wonderfully and both my family and my dog gobbled them up.



Snickerdoodles (yields 36 cookies)

Ingredients
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup cornmeal + 1 tsp cinnamon (for doggy version)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar + 1 tsp cinnamon (for human version)


Method:
1. Mix vegetable oil, butter and honey together until smooth. Add eggs and beat well.

2. Blend in flour, baking soda and cream of tartar.

3. Knead dough until mixed well. Shape dough by rounded teaspoons into balls.

4. Mix the cornmeal and cinnamon together in a bowl and roll half of the balls in mixture (for doggy version). Mix sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and roll the remainig balls in this mixture (for human version).

5. Place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with a nonstick spray. Press the balls down with a fork twice going in 2 different directions or press with your favorite stamp.

6. Bake 8 minutes at 400. Remove from baking sheet and cool on a rack.










My dog seemed to like these cookies. At first he was a bit warry, but when he realized I made him fresh biscuits he dug right in. My sisters really liked the honey taste, it makes a much more flavorful cookie than mere sugar.

No comments: