Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day


This mother's day was a good one. Saturday night, we went to a Korean BBQ spot to celebrate my dad's b-day, my b-day and an early mother's day (I'll post a review later this week). So, for Sunday's treat, I decided not to make a breakfast for mom because we were all still full from Saturday night's meat-fest :P We decided to simply go to church and then come home for a brunch style meal and good thing too, it gave me some extra time to prep for the meal. The menu was simple, consisting of potato-parsnip latkes, tea sandwiches, bacon and eggs florentine. I wasn't sure if this was going to be enough food, but turns out it was... hooray! (And good thing too, because our fridge is so full that I'm surprised anything is still being kept cold). I love my mom and she deserves all the love in the world; she's amazing, so supportive, thoughtful, cheerful and caring (sometime's she's crazy too... but I love that). We all had a great relaxing brunch and then decided to go for a nice walk; the sun finally decided to show it's face, after a long week of rain and gloom. It was simply a great day to celebrate mothers and especially my mom, because she is the best. Yes, this mother's day was very minimalist and I tried not to go overboard with cooking... simplicity truly is wonderful!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL MOMS!

Here's the recipe for the eggs florentine, the sauce I think could have been more cheesy... so go crazy with the cheese!

2 comments:

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your dad and Happy Belated Mother Day to your mom...

silverrock said...

Thanks! Happy Mother's Day to you too!