Saturday, January 12, 2008

Pear Muffins


I had done it again... bought some food in bulk. This time, it was a bag-o-pears... Anjou pears to be precise. My dad and I were the only ones who enjoy the soft and plump Anjou pear, my mom likes the more crisp Chinese pear. So, once again, I was left with a plethora of "I don't know what to do with" left-over pears. I scoured the internet looking for the perfect recipe... I came across a couple interesting ones such as the "Caramelized Leek, Anjou Pear and Blue Cheese Pizza"... hmm, maybe if I were more adventurous I would try that one out. So I simply stuck to a classic, the Pear Muffin.

Wish I could take the credit for this lovely pear recipe but it came from myrecipes.com. I made a couple variations to the recipe; first I added in a mixture of pumpkin, sunflower and squash seeds (instead of the walnuts which my sister is allergic to), then I added in a handful of oatmeal and 1/4 cup of bran. I love my muffins all fiber-licious... if you do too, these changes will make your day!

I loved these muffins, and so did my dad... my sister said that she still didn't like pears, even if they were hidden in a cooked, sugary batter :( but my mom really enjoyed them. I think she's warming up to the true pear... the mushy and not crunchy one.

No comments: