Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Quiche Lorraine- My Very First Dinner

Decided to make dinner today, it had to be something easy and yet delicious. Seeing as how this would be the first dinner for the family that I would be preparing all by my lonesome I decided on quiche, I love the cheesey-eggy goodness and everyone can have a say on what goes into it. Quiche is so versatile and you can use a bunch of great fillings: onions, mushrooms, spinach, bacon, sausage, broccoli, carrots, potatoes etc.

I made the crust, which was basically a variation of this recipe from deliaonline.com. I found that substituting whole wheat flour worked really well, and the cheesy crust added even more flavour to the delicious quiche.

The end result:
As you can see, the quiche turned out nicely. I decided on a filling of broccoli, mushrooms, onions and bacon (just to make everyone in the family happy). It was simple to make and everyone enjoyed it, gobbling up every little piece (even the crust). A fresh garden salad and scalloped potatoes make great accompaniments to this cheesy creation.

No comments: