Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Banana Rolls

Being that it's summer and I find myself doing practically nothing all day, but lazing about the house and playing with my dog I decided to do some baking. I've lately been feeling like such a banana, having made so many english dishes and never attempting any of the culturally different malay or singaporean dishes that I grew up with as a child... so I decided to make banana rolls.

I stumbled upon Jo's Deli webpage her site has some really easy-to-follow recipes for many oriental dishes, and there I found a recipe for my rolls.

Sadly they didn't turn out as pretty as Jo's but that's okay, they still tasted delicous. The red bean filling was easy enough to make as well. I got that recipe from About.com, which also has some great recipe finds.
After making the banana rolls, which took quite a bit of time, I sat down with my sisters for a hot cup of tea and the rest of my family gobbled up the yummy rolls.

No comments: