Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Guacamole

Using those avocados that I procured from the Seattle Sizzler, I made away with 4 of them :P, I thought to myself... hmm, what should I make. Then I figured that since we have a bunch of tortilla chips just laying around the house, and only salsa to eat it with, why not whip up some simple guacamole? After all, I now had all of the ingredients I needed!

Easy Peasy Guacamole

Ingredients:
- 4 avocados, pitted and peeled
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onions, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup tomatos, chopped
- 2 tbsp hot peppers, chopped (optional)

Method:
1. Mash the avocadoes until no lumps remain. Add in the lime juice and mix well to incorporate.
2. Add in onions, garlic, tomato, seasoning and herbs.
3. For heat, add in the hot peppers (I threw in a bunch because my parents love everything super spicy).
4. Make your nachos and serve with your guacamole.

Trying to take an appetizing photo of guacamole will be my quest in life :P I know it doesn't look great, but it tasted amazing. Thank you Sizzler for offering free avocados at your salad bar.

No comments: