Sunday, February 03, 2008

Lunch-time Delight: Potato Salad


I'm training for the Vancouver Sun Run in April and have been fascinated by all the information available for runners. My dad is a member of the Running Room club and has been getting a bunch of their magazines. Usually, I don't look at any of them, but lately I've been wanting to read-up on running, fitness and of course... healthy recipes for runners. I went to runnersworld.com and found a bunch of recipes that would be perfect to test out... but could I decide on just one? This was tricky. I saw this recipe for Pre- or Post-run Potato Salad and just had to make it. I love, love, love potato salad, but they always smother it with more mayonnaise than real potato so this recipe looked divine.
I used russet potatoes because I didn't have any nugget ones, so it turned out more crumbly than it was suppose to be. But it tasted delicious. I actually prefer the soft russets in salad, as opposed to the crunchy nugget potatoes. Go ahead and try this recipe... you don't have to be a runner to enjoy it!

No comments: