Sunday, February 03, 2008

Lunch-time Delight: Orange Curry Couscous


Feeling adventurous today, and didn't have anything in mind for lunch... that can only mean it's time to try out a new recipe. I had a bag of couscous sitting in my pantry that wasn't being of any use, and a friend of the family had given us a box of 32 California Oranges, so I went ahead and made this Orange Curry Couscous. The meal was delicious, and had a beautifully spicey-sweet flavor. I offered some to my mom for lunch, but she replied "I don't like the taste of couscous". I was kind of surprised... did couscous really have a taste of it's own? In this recipe I couldn't really taste the couscous-iness, it was overpowered by the curry powder and the orange juice. I tried to convince my mom of this, but she wasn't buying into it. Oh well, that just means more for me!

No comments: