My sisters simply love that old-fashioned grilled cheese sandwich... I too enjoy a good cheesy lunch every now-and-then. To my surprise, my sisters had never feasted on the mexican version... the oh-so-delicious cheesy chicken quesadilla. It's simple enough to prepare and just as tastey as the traditional grilled cheese. I usually use shredded KFC chicken (since there's never a shortage of it in my house :P) and a healthy handful of grated marbeled cheese.
Easy Chicken Quesadillas (serves 3)
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 cup grated marble cheese
- 6, 8-inch tortillas
- 1/3 cup diced onions (optional)
1. Grab a tortilla (any size will do but we prefer the smaller 8-inch ones... easier to handle in the pan and in the hands) and place it on a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
2. Mound the cheese on top of the tortilla, leaving a 1/2 inch border around the edge (as the cheese will melt and spread).
3. Sprinkle on some shredded chicken, and onions (if desired).
4. Place another tortilla ontop and continue to cook until the cheese begins to melt and the bottom tortilla is brown (but not burnt).
5. Flip over the quesadilla and continue to cook until the other side is brown and crispy.
6. Serve immediately, with salsa and sour cream.
My sisters quite enjoyed the quesadillas. It's a truly simple meal, and the kids really love it. Try making it for yourself and you too will fall for it's cheesy goodness!