Monday, August 13, 2007

Cultus Lake Camping (Part 2)

To read Part 1 click here!

Let's see, where did I leave off? Oh yeah, Sunday... the last day of our Cultus Lake, camping adventure. This was my day to wake up early and prepare breakfast... what to do? How about good old fashioned pancakes, fruits and whipped cream... YUMMERS!

I know, it looks very american-ized but these pancakes were canadian all the way. Well, the maple syrup part of them anyways :P

Janessa trying to keep her food away from Jacques

We decided to take a hike up the Seven Sisters trail, during our last day in the wilderness... and after the arduous trek we arrived back at camp and made the simplest lunch we brought. Instant noodles! Yes I know, didn't I say in Part 1 that we dine well when camping? That I did, but being asian what could be better than good ol' kimchi noodles?


And who says you can't eat roasted marshmallows in the morning? I believe that this camping staple may be devoured at any moment during the outdoor experience. But it is only to be done over a fire, and never a gas-powered stove (that's just not camping, gosh darn it!)

My attempt at the perfect marshmallow, not too shabby.

Looking at a blazing fire just seems to bring out the pyro-maniac in all of us... doesn't it? Maybe it's just me. Well, as you can see we had fun with the fire... when you don't have access to a television, you have to find others methods of entertaining yourself. Someone packed a box of these "Pocky" impersonators. They were called "Funzels" and to be truly honest, they weren't all that fun. A little greasier than pocky and just strange tasting, I'd choose Pocky over a Funzel anyday.

No comments: