Sunday, April 22, 2007

Oatmeal Yogurt Butterscotch Cookies

My third yogurt recipe... Hooray! I've actually discovered that yogurt makes a lot of ordinary foods taste amazing. You have to try this easy cookie recipe. The cookies turned out so moist and chewy, it was heavenly.

Oatmeal Yogurt Butterscotch Cookies

Ingredients:
-1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (used 2 yogurt packs! Yay!)
-1/2 cup granulated sugar
-1/2 cup packed brown sugar
-1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
-1/4 cup canola oil
-1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
-1/2 cup uncooked rolled oats
-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 cup butterscotch chips (could use chocolate chips if you want)

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugars, yogurt, butter and oil until well blended.
3. Add flour, baking soda, oats, and salt. Blend until smooth. Stir in chips.
4. Drop dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Use a little over 1 teaspoon of dough per cookie.
5. Bake for approximately 9 minutes or until cookies are just turning golden brown.
6. Let cool for one minute before removing them from the cookie sheet and onto a cooling rack.


Okay, I don't think that I'll be able to finish using all my yogurt packs before they go bad :( I know... what a shame. I guess I have no choice but to freeze the 11 yogurts that are left. Well, it was worth a shot.

No comments: