Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Yikes it's been a long time...

AH! I can't believe I haven't blogged in over a week! What's wrong with me?! Well, the truth is that I've been all caught up with school and... um, Gin Tama! Yes, I know I'm such an otaku (anime-obsessed person). But seriously, Gin Tama is hilarious and I don't care if it's shonen (written for teen boys)... it's freaking awesome!!!


Anywho, I wouldn't just write a post about how obsessed I am with that manga... I'm also writting to post a recipe! It's a pretty tame one by any standard but here is my recipe for Bailey's-coated Almonds.



Bailey's-Coated Almonds

- 4 cups raw almonds
- 3 tbsp Baileys Irish Creme
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon


Method:
1. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the irish creme and the egg white until well blended.
2. Add in the almonds, toss to coat
3. In a small bowl, mix together the sugar, salt and cinnamon.
4. Add sugar mixture to the almond mixture and toss together until all almonds have a good coating of sugar.
5. Place the almonds on a greased baking-sheet, in a single layer, and bake at 325degrees for 20 minutes, or until nicely toasted but not burnt.


I guess the reason I made this recipe is that my dad had bought this huge package of raw almonds from Costco and no one was touching it besides him and me (and let me tell you, that's slow pickings). So, in order to "trick" my mom and sister into eating the healthy nuts I had to coat them in something sugary-sweet... and guess what? It worked!

3 comments:

Camille said...

These look delicious! I love coated almonds, pecans, cashews, you name it.

I've tagged you so check out my blod for more information.

Irisibula said...

Your almonds look delicious! And don't worry for your reading, I am a children librarian so I read a lot of children book, and the most important, I love it! :P

Palidor said...

Hey, I love anime too! Nothing wrong with being an "otaku." :-)