Today my other sister asked me to help her bake some chocolate chip cookies for her class party. This called for a really good recipe for my favorite cookies... these C-chip Cookies are the best, seriously... the best. For some reason, I can't stand the cookies from the supermarkets; they're always too crunchy, not soft and gooey, and are all crumbly and dry (only good for dipping in your espresso :P). Well, if you are like me and enjoy cookies that are soft, chewy and full of sugary-buttery-chocolatey-melt-in-your-mouth goodness then you'll love these cookies. Just don't be a silly "time-save" like me and try to squeeze all your 24 cookies onto one pan, or you'll end up with funny square ones!
Chewy-Gooey C-chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp instant coffee granules, crushed
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350F
2. Cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy; add in the egg and vanilla.
3. Combine remaining ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) in a separate bowl and then add to the butter mixture.
4. Mix batter until flour is well incorporated, then add in the chocolate chips
5. Flour your hands and roll 1 tbsp balls, and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Do not flatten the cookies, they will melt and be perfectly shaped.
6. Bake for 8-10mins for chewy cookies, 13mins for more crisp cookies.
We had enough batter left over to make 3 very cute round cookies. Awww...
Here's mister squishy face