Sunday, March 08, 2009

Mom's Birthday



Another year's gone by and my beautiful mom is celebrating her birthday! Although the big day was a while back, I haven't gotten around to blogging about it until now. University is a bummer, but hey I've only god 1 more year to go :P

Anywho, for mom's birthday we decided to keep it simple and threw a little b-day dessert bash. Since I didn't have enough time to bake her a personalized cake I caved and bought one from Safeway. I didn't want to get her one of those generic, fake-whipped-cream sheet cakes with the silly pastel colored roses, so I opted for an amazing looking triple-layer dulce de leche gateau. I am so glad that I did, and although it was quite pricey for the size, it was completely worth it. I knew that my mom would love it, she love caramel and coffee... so this dulce de leche flavour was going to be perfect!

My sisters and I pitched in to buy her a bunch of small random things that she likes; gummy candies, flower, and a $50 gift-certificate to a local restaurant (The Vault). Having a small schin-dig is way more fun because you don't have to stress out about inviting and entertaining guests, and the truly important guest (the birthday girl) gets all the attention she deserves from all of the people that love her the most! LOVE YOU MOM! Hope you had a great birthday!!

I promised my mom that since I didn't make her a birthday cake, I would whip her up something special for lunch the next day. I have something fantastic in mind... I've been watching the latest season of Hell's Kitchen, and it seems that whenever I watch other people cook I get inspired to try new recipes myself. So, stay tuned for my next post...

No comments: