- 2 tbsp bubble tea powder, any flavor
- 2 tbsp non-dairy creamer
- 10-12 ice cubes
- 1/2-3/4 cups cold water
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) sugar syrup (recipe to follow)
- 2 heaping tbsp of tapioca pearls
1. Combine all ingredients, expect for the tapioca pearls, in a blender.
2. Pulse until the mixture is smoothie like and no ice chunks remain.
3. Spoon the pearls into individual glasses and pour in the Bubble Tea Slush.
For Sugar Syrup
In a small pot, combine 1 cup granulated sugar with 1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup water. Bring mixture to a boil and continue to heat until sugar dissolves. Let cool to room temperature and use in the bubble tea recipe, or let cool and store in an air-tight container in the fridge.
My mom's always excited when we can make something that we usually have to pay for at home. She's your typical frugal asian mom... and I love that about her (infact, I think I'm starting to emulate her :P) My sister, the one who loves bubble tea, was so impressed with the authentic flavor of the slush that she could hardly tell the difference between our home made version and the one at the bubble tea house. She was ready for seconds, but sadly I didn't make enough pearls... no worries, next time I'll make a double batch of pearls and we'll try out the Honeydew flavor. Oooo I can hardly wait!