Friday, January 19, 2007

Good Old-Fashioned Meatloaf

Yum, look at that cheesy goodness!

I'm beginning to love those Pyrex casserole dishes. This is the second time in 1 week that I'm using them to create a meal. Anywho, can't remember how many dinners I've made so far but I'm sure it won't be my last. I decided on meatloaf because... my family has never eaten it before (Myself included)! I know, such a shock. I guess we've never really gotten into the idea of having meat shaped into a bread loaf. But it was nonetheless successful and my family loved it. I got the recipe from kraftcanada.com but varied it just a tad.

Variation: When the recipe called for the first addition of ketchup (1/4 cup) I instead used half ketchup and half kraft original bbq sauce. And when it called for 1/2 cup of ketchup to be spread over the meatloaf I did half and half again. The bbq sauce makes the loaf taste like a really good burger; and since I'm not particularly fond of globbing on the ketchup it mellows out that strong ketchup-y taste.

We ate the meatloaf with garlic-herb mashed potatoes and a chili, mustard and sesame seed Rodini from Cobs Bread (we just love their loaves... a bit expensive but you can treat yourself once in a while.)

No comments: