Monday, August 07, 2006

Summer Fruits

As mentioned many times before, this year has been a scorcher in terms of ... well what else... heat. I have been literally sweating while writting many of my blogs (but you probably didn't need to know that... oh well.) I just love the summer though; going to the beach, picnicing, vacations, strolling along a lake side, camping... all that fun stuff. And summer is also the best time to eat all those yummy summer fruits (well duh)!

So I decided to make some parfaits that my family could enjoy, at least it would help them cool down in the summer swelter. I used some of the cherries that my family picked from out new found cherry tree, honeydew, grapes, cantaloupe, oranges, pineapples and the ever-loved apple; topping it off with the perfect accompaniment of yogurt and crunchy granola clusters. Simple and delicious... my favorite combination :)

No comments: