Thursday, August 24, 2006

Lemony Cumin Salmon

Wow... it seems like it's been forever since I last blogged on here. I just spent the last week in OAHU and it was amazing (more details about the trip to come). I forgot that I was trying to catch up and finish all my blogging before I start university... oh man it seems like the summer only just began and I had finished High School for good. No more teachers or stuck up snobs... now moving onto professeurs and the artsy farsty intellectuals.

I forgot to blog this a while back. I actually cooked up this recipe 1 week before I left for Hawaii. Anyways here goes:

Lemony Cumin Salmon

Ingredients:
1 Whole Fresh Salmon
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp plain yogurt (I used sour cream)
2 tsp mustard seeds
Pinch of cayenne
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 cup chopped fresh dill (more or less to taste)
1/4 large onion, diced
3/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp lemon juice

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Scale the salmon and remove any unwanted entrails. Split salmon in half down the spine. Place fish on a large foil covered cookie sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray, make sure you lay the salmon skin down.

2. Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard seeds, cayenne, cumin, dill, salt and lemon juice in a large bowl. (Can be made several hours in advance, covered and reserved in refrigerator.) Just before spreading mixture onto fish add the diced onion.

3. Spread the mayonnaise mixture onto the pink flesh of the salmon, making sure to cover all the fish evenly.

4. Bake fish for 40 minutes or until flesh is flaky and tender.

No comments: