Saturday, March 04, 2006

Way to go Jon!

I was allowed to host the Oscars this year, and I’m very excited about that. I don’t know a ton about movies other than I’m not very good in them. – Jon Stewart on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (TV Guide, January 2006)

The 78th Annual Academy Awards are on Sunday March 5th and who better to host the show that the Daily Show's Jon Stewart. Yes, the man who made his career by poking fun at America's political figure-heads and Hollywood stars will be "emcee"ing the film industry's biggest night, being sure to keep the FCC on it's toes. I can just picture it now, the Communications Commission will extend the 5-second delay to 2 mintues (because... hey, they know that's how long it will take them to understand any of the jokes that Stewart makes).
I intend to watch the show in it's entirety this year, as opposed to last year's award show which I found completely boring. Chris Rock, who hosted in 2005, was suppose to bring new life to the show after a steady diet of Billy Crystal, Whoopi Goldberg and Steve Martin... but to no avail. I can't believe it took the Academy Award committee so long to figure out that since the Jews control Hollywood, they should have a Jew host the award show. I jest, but seriously... Jon Stewart has been a noticeabley funny guy acting in numerous hit movies :P (i.e. "Death to Smoochie" and "Half-Baked") to name a few; why did it take so long to get him to host? I guess the committee didn't notice how brilliant Stewart was until they saw him completely blindside Tucker Carlson and Paul Begala (but who remembers that Paul was there? So let's just say he blindsided Carlson). I guess that they're trying to expand their audience, seeing as Jon is such a hit amongst the younger generation and not to mention... the ladies.


Check out this clip of Mr. Stewart himself at the Emmy awards...

No comments: