Sunday, July 29, 2012
I'm a proud, proud sister today... yesterday my sister texted me and asked if she could borrow my muffin pan to do some baking and invited me home to watch her in action. My sisters have never really shown any inclination towards baking or cooking before, aside from what they learned in Home Economics in high-school and today marks the day that something in them has changed. Perhaps my fascination with baking has rubbed off on her... most likely it was because this recipe for muffins is easy and ridiculously tasty. I like to think it is the former.
Orange + Raspberry Yogurt-bran Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups All-bran cereal
- 3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 medium orange,. juice and zest
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
1. In medium bowl, combine cereal, yogurt, orange juice and zest. Allow to stand for 2 mins or until the cereal softens.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir until uniform.
3. Add eggs and oil to the cereal mixture. Mix well. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and continue to stir until well combined. Fold in the raspberries.
4. Pour batter into prepared muffin tin and bake at 375degrees for 20minutes.
Hopefully my sister continues to bake, because these muffins were wonderfully moist, not overmixed... light and fluffy and you would never know they were healthy. I love her to bits and just know that she can do pretty much anything she sets her mind to. Even out-bake me :D
Posted by silverrock at 6:29 PM