Sunday, April 24, 2011
I was feeling a little bit down as my football team won't mathematically be able to be No. 1 on the Premier League table, so I decided to whip up a batch of cookies. I had originally intended to just eat the cookie dough raw... but then thought that this was probably just a depression induced thought of stupidity that I'd later regret. So, I completed the baking process by throwing the dough into the oven and voila! I ended up with a lovely batch of cookies that I could share with my colleagues at work... yes, sharing the love is much better than wallowing in the sadness and scraping dough out of a mixing bowl.
Easy Drop Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- Mix-ins of your choice: I used 1/3 cup desiccated coconut, 1/4 cup flax seeds and 1/3 cup rolled oats
1. Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add in the egg, vanilla and cream cheese.
2. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
4. Throw in the mix-ins, stir until distributed thoroughly and then placed rounded tablespoons of dough onto a prepared baking sheet. Flatten dough mounds slightly with the back of floured fork.
5. Bake at a 350degree oven for 15-20minutes.
These turned out light and airy, not too dense and chewy. Next time I make them I'll probably throw in some chocolate or butterscotch chips or crushed whoppers... mmmmm. Well, now I don't feel so down ^____^