Saturday, September 01, 2007

Lunch-time Delight: Simple Spaghetti-Mushroom Casserole

Yesterday's lunch was just a simple casserole dish, made of ingredients I had left over from the nights before. I was all for relaxing, and was not about to prepare a very extravagant meal. Besides, it was just for my sisters and I... our parents had gone out to run some errands. I know it looks like a very messy casserole, but it tasted great. The recipe's really simple, so simple in fact that I didn't use a recipe! Let's see if I can remember how I made this...

Spaghetti-Mushroom Casserole
Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup frozen veggies
- 2 1/2 cups cooked spaghetti
- 2 hot dogs, defrosted
- 1 can of condensed c.o. mushroom soup
- water
- 1 egg, beaten
- A handful of panko crumbs, a handful of grated parmesan cheese

Method:
1. Place frozen veggies in a small pot. Slice the hot dogs into bite sized pieces and add them as well.

2. Pour condensed soup into the pot with veggies and add 1/2 the suggested amount of water (could use milk instead). Simmer over medium heat.


3. Add in the cooked spaghetti and continue cooking until just heated through.

4. Pour into a casserole dish and add in the beaten egg. (Do this carefully, so as not to scramble the egg.) Stir.

5. Top casserole with a mixture of equal parts panko to equal parts paremsan cheese. Place in a 350F oven and bake for 15-20 minutes... or until the topping is nice and crunchy.


It turned out to be a very simple and tastey lunch, my sisters seemed to enjoy it anyways. They picked out all the hot dogs and ate them first... hehehe, they make me laugh.

No comments: