Monday, May 30, 2011

Simple Caramel Spread

I didn't really have anything to put on my toast this morning, so I thought I'd make a sweet-spread to make my breakfast just that much more amazing. I have an incredible sweet-tooth, and would probably eat straight sugar if it weren't diabetes inducing and teeth-rotting. This recipe is really simple, takes only 3 ingredients and roughly 10-12minutes to make; good for those mornings when you're in a hurry to get out the door.

Simple Caramel Spread


Ingredients:

- 1/3 cup granulated sugar

- 2 tbsp cream cheese

- 1 tbsp butter


Method:

1. Place sugar, in an even layer, in a heavy-bottom saucepan over medium-high heat.

2. Cook over heat until sugar begins to melt. Do not stir, simply swirl the pan in order to ensure all the sugar melts.

3. Once all the sugar is melted, remove from heat and add in the cream cheese. Stir until mixture becomes smooth and no lumps remain, then add in the butter and do the same.

4. Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes and then serve.


This tasted just like Werther's Originals candy in a smooth paste-form; and after making this, I couldn't help but lick the spoon and attempt to scrape every last bit of the spread from inside the pan... mmmm, it was sooooo sweet and tasty.

No comments: