Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Bailey's Cheesecake Swirl Brownies

I was sitting at my computer watching another lovely episode of Come Dine With Me, and having watched each of the competitors puddings be either chocolate or cheesecake related I suddenly felt the urge to have something creamy, chocolatey and cream-cheesey. So, just before the winner of the Come Dine With Me episode was revealed, I paused it and ran off to the kitchen to whip up a tasty treat for myself (seeing as how no body else was around to share it with me :P)

Bailey's Cheesecake Swirl Brownie


Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup (8 tbsp) butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp milk
- Cream Cheese Swirls: 3 tbsp cream cheese + 1 tbsp sugar + 1 tsp flour + 2 tsp Bailey's (all creamed together)


Method:
1. Melt butter and add in both sugars, mixing until well combined. Mix in the eggs one at a time and stir in vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, coffee granules and salt.
3. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry, mix well and then add in the splash of milk.
4. Place in prepared 8x8 pan . Take tsp sized dollops of cream cheese swirl mixture and drop randomly on the surface of the chocolate brownie batter. With a knife, swirl the mixture around.

Look at the lovely swirls of rich, cream cheese! Mmmm...

5. Bake at 350degrees for 35-45minutes.
6. When done, remove from oven and leave to cool on wire rack before slicing.

This brownie turned out better than I had anticipated, and I'm sure if I were a competitor on Come Dine With Me (and had served the dessert with some home made vanilla bean ice cream) I could have been a real contender for top. The topping was nicely crisp and the cream cheese swirls were rich with the ever lovely taste of Bailey's Irish Cream. The inside of the brownie was gooey, soft, moist and simply decadent and it was hardly noticeable that I had used no baking chocolate whatsoever. This recipe is definitely a keeper, that's for sure!



No comments: