Thursday, February 12, 2009

A New Oven!


It seems like oh so long ago, my poor old cream-colored oven konked out on me and I was left with nothing to do but bake in my teeny-weeny toaster oven. Finally, after 3 months of being ovenless (woah... that's 1/4 of a year!) I have my brand new shiny oven. It's a Kenmore, and so far I'm very pleased with it power. The stove-range has a middle burner that you can attach a griddle to. You can probably guess that means I'll be doing a lot more frying :P

But onto the oven, and it's amazingness. It preheats to 350 degrees within 2minutes! That's light-speed compared to the 7-8 minutes it would take my old oven to reach the right temperature. Although I do miss my old oven, this new one is slowly growing on me. I can't wait to test out all of the functions; like the broiling, grilling, self-cleaning!! Yeah! And just in time for me to bake that lovely concoction for the DB challenge.

4 comments:

Palidor said...

Heehee, see how amazing technology is? I'm glad you finally got it! Now you'll be baking up a storm. :)

silverrock said...

Yeah, technology is great (most of the time :P) Thanks, and yes I will be baking like there's no tomorrow!

Camille said...

oooh....I love your oven! Finally the wait is over. Can't wait to see your daring bakers challenge for this month.

materials said...

glory25800
sickle25800
singer25800
skimp25800
proton25800